Home Design & Remodeling in La Mesa
La Mesa is a city in San Diego County and is inland, about twelve miles east of the Pacific Ocean. Because of this distance from the coast, temperatures are generally warmer and dryer than the weather that people might traditionally associate with San Diego.
The city is bordered on the west and north by the city of San Diego, Spring Valley and Lemon Grove on the south, and El Cajon on the east.
A Brief History of La Mesa
In Spanish, La Mesa means “the table” or “the plateau”, a reference to the area’s geography. After Spanish colonization, the area that is now La Mesa became part of Mission San Diego de Alcala. Following Mexico’s independence and the division of Californian land, Robert Allison arrived in San Diego and purchased 4,000 acres of land, which is now part of south La Mesa.
The construction of railroads caused massive growth in 1885. John Harbison purchased 4,000 acres of land from the Arguello estate. In 1887, the San Diego Flume Company purchased Harbison’s land and filed a subdivision map. The area was named La Mesa Colony. The year 1894 marked a major growth period. A.S. Crowder and Joseph Allison filed the La Mesa Springs subdivision map. Streets were graded. The La Mesa Store and blacksmith shop were built near current La Mesa Boulevard.
In 1906, Sherman Grable purchased 100 acres of land in the Date Avenue area from David Collier, a local land developer. Along with Charles Park, Grable formed the Park-Grable Investment Company, developing 200 acres into 1000 lots. The city was officially incorporated February 16, 1912.
Population Over the Years
- La Mesa began with a mere handful of people. By the time it was incorporated, the city boasted a healthy 700 residents.
- After World War I, the population grew to 1,600.
- With the business area’s further expansion east and west after both World Wars, the city became home to 11,000 people in 1950.
- By 1960, the population more than doubled to 30,000 citizens.
- Today, nearly 60,000 live in La Mesa.
Style of Homes
Much of the city still retains the look and design of its Spanish-Californian roots. The homes are no different, reflecting the history of the land and the traditional functionality of the times. Many home design and contracting companies draw off of these historical influences while still including a modern look and feel.
Murray Lampert has provided the residents of La Mesa with home remodeling, major renovations, and architectural design services since 1975. Read on to learn more about the services we offer and how they can contribute to your home renovation.
Why Work With Murray Lampert On Your La Mesa Home Remodel?
For over four generations, Murray Lampert has served La Mesa with unmatched service. We hold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are four-time winners of the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. We have also received the Best of Houzz award for customer satisfaction in 2014, and we consistently receive positive reviews and testimonials from our customers.
We have built relationships with inspectors, trade partners, distributors, and other business experts to deliver a superior product and customer satisfaction. Our commitment to service, craftsmanship, and innovation sets us above our competition.
Our La Mesa Home Remodeling Services
Whether you’re looking for La Mesa home remodeling services or you want to explore some new architectural design ideas for a future remodel, we've got you covered. Our list of remodeling services includes:
- Kitchen remodels - Our kitchen remodeling experts in La Mesa can help you create an inviting, functional space for cooking meals and entertaining guests.
- Cabinets - We will help you maximize your storage space with custom built cabinets. Whatever your style, wood type, color or finish, we can design and build high quality custom crafted cabinetry.
- Green building - Murray Lampert is committed to green, eco-friendly building practices that will save you money and keep the planet healthy.
- Architectural design - Collaborate with our staff architect to create a custom architectural design that fits your budget and your project requirements.
- Room additions - Through our room addition service in La Mesa, we can help add space to your home to accommodate your growing family.
- Second stories - To add space without sacrificing landscaping or yard space, build vertically with a second story addition and take advantage of new, beautiful views.
- 3D project modeling - Using a 3D rendering of your remodel, we can provide a preview of what your finished home remodeling project will look like.
- Outdoor space - Enjoy La Mesa’s beautiful sun and air with a complete deck, patio, or other customized outdoor space.
- Bathroom remodel - Take your bathroom to the next level with upgraded appliances, plumbing, tiles, or a full bathroom remodel.
Murray Lampert's Remodeling Process
Each of our La Mesa home remodeling projects begin by developing the design. Meet with our staff architect for a one-on-one meeting and collaborate on a finished design that fits your budget, timeline, and personal needs. We can even provide a virtual walkthrough of your renovated living spaces using 3D rendering technology.
Communication is the best way to get you exactly what you want, and we keep you connected and informed through phone calls, emails, in-person meetings, and daily project updates.
If you're ready to get started, we'd love to chat! Give us a call at (619) 285-9222 or reach out and schedule a free consultation to review your La Mesa home remodel.