Known as “The Hill” to locals, Del Cerro is a centrally located community in San Diego. The town is perched up on a hill overlooking its bordering areas of San Diego State University to the south, Mission Valley to the west, and Mission Trails Regional Park to the east and north. Some areas have beautiful views of Lake Murray and on a really clear day you can see all the way out to Mission Bay and downtown San Diego. The small town has one high school and a few stores and restaurants, but the central location gives residents access to all San Diego has to offer. In less than 20 minutes you can be surfing, hiking, dining, or catching the latest flick at the theater. Interstate 8 and San Diego State University is located right next door, giving the south side of Del Cerro a college town feel.
The demographics of Del Cerro include mostly single family homes with the majority of residents above the age of 30. The population in 2000 was recorded at 25,553, but it is estimated to have increased over the past decade to nearly 34,000. It is an upper income area with a median household income of $64,358. There are a total of 10,467 households, of which 6,846 are occupied by families. It never gets too hot or cold, with an average high of 83 in the summer and 68 in the winter. Del Cerro is seven miles to the San Diego International Airport, one mile to San Diego State University, and three miles to the San Diego Chargers stadium, Qualcomm Stadium.
Del Cerro is a great place to own a home in San Diego. You have easy access to all areas of San Diego, not to mention the benefits of a small town feel with great views from the hillside. Located further away from the coast, the climate is dryer and slightly warmer than the beach.
Since many of the homes in Del Cerro were built in the 60’s and 70’s, it is a prime area for remodeling too. With some homes in the area, an ocean view can be captured with a second story addition. Other popular remodeling projects in the area are custom kitchens, great room/family room additions and major home renovation, which can include energy-saving measures like new roofing, windows and heat/cooling and solar.
Architectural Design Styles in Del Cerro
Contemporary home design and ranch-style homes can be seen throughout the Del Cerro area. With long lines of residential homes, Del Cerro is known for being quiet, walkable, kid-friendly - ideal for the single family unit. Backyard pools are also a common feature of many single-family homes in Del Cerro.
Contemporary design first came to the Del Cerro area in 1958 with the ‘Parade of Homes’ project of Richard Lareau. His Pan-Pacific house was built with advanced electrical options, as this modern gateway era sought out innovative design both aesthetically and functionally. This trend has been maintained in the area, as a good many of the residences are well-established—built between 1940 and 1969. These Del Cerro Highland homes cater to the contemporary style and family life with large floor plans and updated amenities. Although there are some rowhouses, attached homes, and small apartments, the Ranch style home is most prevalent architectural style in the area. This type of home is designed to have historically recognizable features, but also a great deal of individuality. Custom ranch-style developments are a common theme all across the rolling hills of San Diego, and the Del Cerro area ties in well with the rest of the city.
Del Cerro is a very desirable San Diego neighborhood with many second-generation homeowners and close-knit residents. With real estate that primarily consists of three to five bedroom single-family homes and apartment complexes, the average Del Cerro dwellers are family-oriented urban sophisticates who enjoy the roomy, well-established homes in this part of San Diego County.
Why Work With Murray Lampert Design, Build, Remodel?
For over 40 years, Murray Lampert has had the pleasure and privilege of providing the Del Cerro area with professional home remodeling, architectural design, and construction services. During that time, we have developed long-lasting relationships with trade partners, inspectors, and other experts in the business, with the aim of providing a service that stays within your budget and is completed on schedule.
Our wide range of services is sure to offer plenty of possibilities for your next home remodel, and our impeccable craftsmanship, innovative design, personalized service, and dedication to customer satisfaction keep us ahead of the competition.
We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have received the BBB Torch Award for marketplace ethics no fewer than four times. Other awards include the Best of Houzz award for customer satisfaction in 2014, among others. Our reviews and testimonials invariably show 5-star ratings.
Our Del Cerro Home Remodeling Services
Murray Lampert provides top-of-the-line remodel, design, and build service in Del Cerro. Our services include:
- Room additions - If your family is outgrowing your house or you have always craved a home office, our room addition service in Del Cerro is an ideal solution for adding more space to your home.
- Kitchen remodels - Our kitchen remodeling services in Del Cerro can help you create a warm and welcoming space to prepare and eat meals and enjoy time with your family and friends.
- Second stories - A perfect solution to enjoy beautiful views without sacrificing yard space. Build on your house’s vertical space instead and keep the landscape intact.
- Bathroom remodel - If your bathroom calls for a remodel or simply a touch of modern, consider installing new plumbing, tiles, fixtures, counters, and cabinets. Your bathroom will be more attractive and more functional.
- Architectural design - With your input and ideas, our staff architect will come up with a custom design that will comply with your budget, lifestyle, and preferences.
- 3D project modeling - With state-of-the-art technology, our team can create 3D architectural renderings of your remodel for you to see the end result before any construction begins.
- Green building - We believe strongly in being environmentally conscious and we’re dedicated to green building practices. Save money and keep our planet healthy.
- Outdoor space - Our team can design a full patio, deck, or outdoor space for you to enjoy the fresh air in the comfort of your home.
- Cabinets - We can help you make the best of your storage space with custom built cabinetry.
All our Del Cerro home remodeling projects start with design development. We see this as a collaborative process that starts with a one-on-one meeting with our staff architect. The goal of the meeting is for the architects to fully understand your wishes and requests, so the outcome will fit your personal needs, style and budget. After the design is agreed on, we keep in regular contact with you to keep you informed on the progress.
For any questions or inquiries about our Del Cerro home remodeling services, please call us at (619) 285-9222. We will gladly answer your questions over the phone or during your free in-home consultation session. We look forward to working with you soon!