One of the most quaint neighborhoods in San Diego County is Mission Hills. Perfectly situated south of the San Diego River, north of downtown, and overlooking the scenic old town and San Diego Bay, residents of Mission Hills have easy access to everything Southern California has to offer. It is easily one of the most desirable places to live in San Diego County for its location, architectural design, and strong community. There are several public and private schools in the area and multiple universities within a 10 minute drive. Residents in the area have access to mass transportation just down the hill in Old Town on the Coaster, Amtrak, and Trolley lines. From Mission Hills, you can quickly get to the 5 freeway, downtown, North County and multiple beaches. Next door, Old Town offers fine Mexican cuisine and shopping.
Mission Hills has a relatively small population compared to the densely populated areas surrounding it. The city has just over 30,000 residents as of the 2000 U.S. Census. The inhabitants are well educated, affluent, and predominately Caucasian. There crime rates are much lower in the Mission Hills residential area than nearby downtown and the county as a whole. The neighborhood is family friendly but has a smaller average household size than the national average. The median age is 39.5 years of age and family income is over $61,000. The median home value is $382,700 and has definitely increased since the last census. Residents only average a 20 minute travel time compared to the 25 minute national average. With only 69.5% of the population still in the work force, the community is slightly oriented towards retirees.
The city of Mission Hills is primarily residential and the majority of the homes were developed either in the early or mid 20th century and many are considered historical or “medallion” homes. The city has a gorgeous location atop the hillside overlooking San Diego Bay, but that comes at a cost.
Due to the age of Mission Hills homes, the climate, and the primarily wood exteriors, historical remodeling & restoration projects are fairly common. Second Story and room additions are also common renovation projects in Mission Hills, providing more space for growing families and allowing them to capitalize on the spectacular ocean views from the hillside.
Whatever your remodeling needs may be in Mission Hills, Murray Lampert Design, Build, Remodel can bring your vision to life.
Mission Hills Home Remodeling by Murray Lampert
Murray Lampert has contributed its services to the city of Mission Hills for over four generations, during which time we have developed close relationships with some of the best inspectors, distributors, and trade partners in the area. These longstanding relationships with business experts allow us to deliver an innovative product with unmatched craftsmanship and superior customer satisfaction.
We maintain an A+ with the Better Business Bureau and received the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2014.
Our Home Remodeling Services in Mission Hills
Whether you’re looking for home remodeling services in Mission Hills or just want to weigh your options for expansion, we have you covered with a wide range of services.
- Room Additions - From garage conversions to new home offices, we can add more space with a room addition in Mission Hills.
- Bathroom Remodels – A bathroom remodel in San Diego will revamp your outdated bathroom with stylish fixtures, new flooring, efficient plumbing, and more.
- 3D Project Modeling - Our team uses the latest 3D modeling technology to provide a preview of what your remodel will look like before we ever break ground.
- Kitchen Remodels - Custom kitchen renovations can add style, functionality, and value to you Mission Hills home.
- Second Story Additions - Second story additions are a great option to increase square footage when lot sizes are limited.
- Green Home Building – Murray Lampert follows green construction best practices when it comes to energy efficiency and building techniques that help preserve the plant, as well as your budget.
- Custom Cabinets – We offer our clients the option of custom cabinets, which provide storage and style to any remodeling project.
- Architectural Design - You’ll work directly with our staff architect to create an architectural design to fit your project needs perfectly.
- Outdoor Living Spaces – Take full advantage of the amazing Mission Hills weather with a functional, stylish outdoor living space that is perfect for hosting parties, BBQs, and enjoying the sunshine.
Our Mission Hills Design-Build-Remodel Process
Our design-build process begins with a free in-home consultation. During that consultation, you’ll collaborate with our in-house architect to identify exactly what you need in order for our team to deliver a finished product that stays within your budget and timeline. By working with a design-build contractor, you’ll have a single point of contact throughout your project who will ensure that costs are controlled, timelines are met, and that there is accountability and consistency through each phase of work.
Since 1975, Murray Lampert has built a rock-solid reputation by making transparency, communication, and integrity the foundation of our business. We’re proud to say that approach has been effective, and is reflected in our client testimonials and positive reviews.
Contact Murray Lampert to start your Mission Hills remodeling project today!