Room additions vary in size, shape, and location. There are 2-wall, 3-wall, single-story, second-story, and two-story room additions. Room additions can include family rooms, great rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, dining rooms, living rooms, laundry rooms, guest rooms, home offices and garages, just to name a few.
Is it time for you to consider a room addition to your home? Check out these 10 common signs that you need to expand your space:
- You don’t have an extra room for guests to stay in when they visit.
- Your closets are so packed that your clothes don’t fit.
- You are limited when having family gatherings or parties due to a shortage of space.
- You don’t have room for your home office.
- Your garage is so full you can’t park a car in it.
- Your children share rooms.
- You have more occupants than toilets.
- When shopping, you are forced to buy small quantities due to lack of storage space.
- Your kitchen is cramped and not functional.
- Your laundry room is in the garage or outside.
According to Remodeling Magazine, return on investment is great for room additions in most U.S cities. If you have outgrown your home, a room addition may be a worthwhile investment.
Considering the 10 points above, how many apply to you? Each of these items can cause stress, strain, and tension in the one place that is meant to provide solace from these things—your home.
If you want to talk about your room addition ideas, give Murray Lampert Design, Build, and Remodel a call today.