10. The company doesn’t have a website or physical location or is not local.
9. No proof of license, worker’s compensation & liability insurance.
8. There are no online reviews.
7. The contractor or representative does not listen to you, talks over you, or does not interact well with all parties.
6. A quote that is substantially lower than the rest.
5. A top heavy payment schedule or large down payment request.
4. Lack of detail, no plans, or specifications
3. There is no timeline for the project start and finish.
2. If the contractor tells you there is no need to get a permit
1. If you have any doubts about what is included or excluded