When asked about the community, most people’s first reactions are, “Where is Bay Park?” Although it’s mostly known for cool breezes and proximity to Downtown San Diego, Bay Park is still a growing community. Bay Park is a relatively new neighborhood in the northern area of San Diego. Built on hilly terrain, Bay Park is bordered on the North by Bay Ho, on the East by Claremont and Linda Vista, Mission Bay and Pacific Beach to the West, and Morena to the South.
• Bay Park sits atop hills that overlook Mission Bay, which was first named “False Bay” by Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo in 1542.
• Median listing price for Bay Park homes is about $510,000, with
• Median selling prices around $420,000.
• The average household income is around $45,000 per year.
• Bay Park schools include Toler Elementary School, School of the Madeleine, and Holmes Elementary School.
Home and Design
The home architecture in Bay Park is typical of most homes in the San Diego area. Some homes adopt a classic California Spanish style. Other homes incorporate aspects of the beachside cottage, allowing for exposure to beautiful sunsets and cool ocean breezes. Newer homes in Bay Park take into account coastal proximity and home design trends of the day, with some touches that call back to the area’s Spanish roots. Because Bay Park is a developing neighborhood, potential residents can seek home contractors to bring their personalized home design to life, or update an existing home with a kitchen renovation or bathroom remodel.